Three Days of Aloha, Day One
Three Days of Aloha!
Three days of Aloha began with Twitter friend @nathankam extending an invitation to the Los Angeles Magazine event, see Day Two. In the past, I've helped spread the word on the Hawai'i events around town. But tonight, some of the Hawai'i group was set out to explore some eatz of Los Angeles.
The Lazy Ox Canteen
Downtown Los Angeles
Tonight, some of the Hawai'i group wanted to try The Lazy Ox Canteen. Lots of small plates and a great beer selection.
From Victory Brewing Company
Some of my favorite dishes of the evening:
* crispy rabbit livers w/radicchio, apple, hearts of palm & anchovy vinaigrette
* seared beef tongue w/pickled fennel & semolina
* crispy surf claims w/caper & pickle aioli
* sweet sugar snap peas w/quinoa & yuzu kosho
* monterey bay abalone w/english peas & artichoke barigoule
Sorry too dark for pictures...
Mahalo for including me in this adventure...
See you for Day Two!
Photos by Jay Terauchi